- progress of the WCG in Queenstown (click here for the presentation),
- updates on the work that Horizon is doing and a update on the development of the North Island Initiative -Nature Central- (no presentation available).
- Brian Richardson General Manager for Forestry Science gave an introduction to Scion and talked about Scions long history in wilding conifer management (early control at Waiouru, click here for the presentation).
- Kit Richards provided a forest management perspective on forest certification (Forest Stewardship Council) as this requires now the monitoring and management of spread from plantations (click here for presentation).
- Thomas Paul gave an overview of this years progress on the SFF work (click here) and touched briefly on the possible way forward in regards to mapping of wilding areas on a national scale and how this data could be made available via a LINZ Initiative (David Mole) (click here).
- Stefan Gous (Scion) and Pete Raal (DoC) gave an update on aerial and ground based control systems and chemicals (click here).
- Armin Wagner talked about Scion's research in Genetics of pines that might lead someday to the development of trees that do not spread (click here).
- Veronica Clifford, researcher with the Scion Fire Team, gave a presentation on wildings and fire, understanding the impact of wildings on fire risk in NZ and fire as a potential control tool (click here).
- Duane Peltzer from Landcare Research had the last word, giving a good overview of their co-invasion work and future directions of their research in the weeds and wildings space (click here).